5 Things Might Happen If IPL Gets Cancelled
The world’s cricket richest league Indian Premier League (IPL) might get cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak. As it is making a huge impact in all the states IPL might get called off. However, If IPL cancelled then these things might happen.
Recently, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly said, There is nothing much changed after the postponement of IPL from March 29 to April 15. We all are doing the waiting game.
5 Things Might Happen If IPL Gets Cancelled:
- BCCI will lose around 4000 crores if IPL is going to be cancelled. As the streaming revenue will be 200 crores and central sponsorship will be 400 crores. Also, they lose ad revenue, sponsorship revenue.
- If the IPL season 2020 is cancelled due to novel coronavirus then the Chennai Super Kings captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni will never be seen in Indian colours. He is hoping for a successful run in this event and looking to play the T20 world cup 2020.
- Chennai Super Kings might lose more brand value. According to the reports, They have already lost 200 crore brand value. Their brand value has gone down from 1000 crores to 800 crores and Dhoni might not play next year then this will decrease even more value of this powerful IPL team.
- If world cup 2020 might get postponed due to coronavirus epidemic. Then the IPL 2020 might get held on October- November schedule. However, This is an unlikely situation. As WorldCup is a well-scheduled event and many foreign players were travelling across the globe. Recently, the Tokyo Olympics has been postponed to 20201. So, Indian fans were thinking this might happen as safety is the first.
- IPL 13th season might see shortened league. According to the BCCI officials, they were trying to adjust the schedule of foreign players and planning to introduce the shorter league. Already, Rajasthan Royals franchise owner showed his interest in playing a shorter league.