Knowing that the IPL-2020 could be canceled due to the Corona epidemic, England star all-rounder Ben Stokes has not given up hope. The 28-year-old has continued his preparations. Tokyo Olympics has been postponed. On the other hand, after PM Modi’s announcement of a 21-day lockdown to deal with Corona. Now the pressure is on the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to cancel the IPL has increased.
The 13th season of the IPL was to begin in Mumbai on March 29, with the match between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings. However, The T20 League has been suspended till 15 April to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
“My next competitive cricket – IPL is going to happen right now,” Ben Stokes said during an interview. Stokes was bought by Rajasthan Royals for Rs 12.5 crore in the 2018 IPL auction. Not only this, he also said, ‘This has not changed yet, so I think I will play on April 20.’
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said last week that the county season would not begin until at least the end of May. Whereas England’s Sri Lanka tour was also postponed due to novel coronavirus.
However Ben Stokes said that if the IPL happened, he would have to keep working on his fitness to get ready. He said, ‘I cannot take a 3-weeks off. To get ready and cannot even hope that I will be fit for April 20. IPL can happen, if it happens, I don’t want to be left behind.’