The Indian Medical Research Council (ICMR) has revised the corona examination procedure in the wake of an ever-increasing number of corona cases in the country. ICMR has revealed its latest form of coronal medical examination. Corona divides the tests into more categories. ICMR corona testing revised strategy is for the people with the following conditions.
1.All symptomatic (ILI symptoms) individuals with a history of international travel in the
last 14 days.
2. All symptomatic (ILI symptoms) contacts of laboratory-confirmed cases.
3. All symptomatic (ILI symptoms) health care workers/frontline workers involved in
containment and mitigation of COVID19.
4. All patients of Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI).
5. Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case to be tested once
between day 5 and day 10 of coming into contact.
6. All symptomatic ILI within hotspots/containment zones.
7. All hospitalized patients who develop ILI symptoms.
8. All symptomatic ILI among returnees and migrants within 7 days of illness.
9. No emergency procedure (including deliveries) has to be delayed for lack of test. However, a sample can be sent for testing if indicated as above (1-8), simultaneously.
● ILI case is defined as one with acute respiratory infection with fever ≥ 38◦C AND cough.
● SARI case is defined as one with acute respiratory infection with fever ≥ 38◦C AND
cough AND requiring hospitalization.
● All testing in the above categories is recommended by real-time RT-PCR test only
ICMR Corona Testing