Several people fell ill due to chemical gas leakage inside the LG polymers industry at RR Venkatapuram village in Andhra Pradesh’s Visakhapatnam. People have been admitted to the hospital after they complained of burning sensation in eyes and breathing difficulties. Toxic gas leakage in Visakhapatnam happened this morning.
More than 1000 people fell sick and 3 people died according to sources. Reports said that people are suffering from severe breathing problems, skin rashes, and burning eyes. According to the reports, police asked the people to vacate the houses and many people injured while escaping from the incident. As per the Vishakapatnam people, toxic Gas leakage happened at 3 am on Thursday morning in the LG polymers industry.
Visuals from the Site :
Set up in 1961 as Hindustan Polymers, the company was taken over by South Korea’s LG Chem and renamed as LG Polymers India in 1997. The plant makes polystyrene and expandable polystyrene.
Toxic Gas Leakage in Visakhapatnam